- RT @jimmisimpson: They finally got the Disney World ad right. https://t.co/avy2PUOQXQ 5 hours ago
- RT @RottenInDenmark: I think this is why the "cancel culture" moral panic gets under my skin so much. *So* many of Americans' false underst… 2 days ago
- RT @MittRomney: Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying t… 2 days ago
- RT @TheToddWilliams: They didn't want to contract the Karenavirus twitter.com/LetitiaMontana… 4 days ago
- RT @ayoedilay: So go to campus and potentially die or go online and be deported. Yea the cruelty is definitely the point. 6 days ago
- RT @CyberpunkGame: @elonmusk @kanyewest Sooo this is how it started. 1 week ago
- RT @GraceRandolph: No! @TheRock is my choice for next celebrity president!! 😩 (I actually think Dwayne Johnson could be good!) #Kanye #20… 1 week ago
- RT @JoeBiden: We are five months into this crisis, and our health care workers still don't have the masks and protective equipment they nee… 1 week ago
- RT @secupp: Want to stay healthy? Wear a mask. Want to keep your family safe? Wear a mask. Want businesses to come back? Wear a mask. Wa… 1 week ago
- RT @_Kristine_A: Turns out: faith without works is dead #COVID19 #maskup https://t.co/cQB9BfwyCO 1 week ago
Category Archives: sketches
I’ve been keeping up with my sketch card habit; I love being able to take a few minutes one or two nights a week and doodle a fun character. I’ve also been trying to come up with ways to make … Continue reading
Just a personal study for fun.
I’ve recently subscribed to Artsnacks – a subscription service that sends you a different mix of art supplies every month, then challenges you to make a piece using them. Wondering what to do with the 5 primary color watercolor pencils … Continue reading
I don’t necessarily believe I can call myself a professional artist if I’m not making most of my income from it. As it is, I work a day job that I’ve been at for almost a decade, and have spent … Continue reading
For my birthday last month, my oldest son got me a set of Super Mario notebooks from Thinkgeek. It’s got a lined notebook, a pocket graph book, and an unlined one, which I promptly drew a pic of Mario in. … Continue reading
Building up my inventory for Comic Con next month…
My sons have introduced me to the game Undertale. Here’s a Calvin & Hobbes-style pic I drew.
I’m really into The Walking Dead right now. Here is a non-gory drawing, I wanted to practice some of my landscape/architecture sketching.
I had the chance this last weekend to attend a Dark Knight marathon; all 3 of Chris Nolan’s Batman films over a 9-hour period. I’m not ready to discuss any plot details yet, but they are definitely the kind of … Continue reading
My daily sketch group assigned me to draw a Muppet today. So for patriotism’s sake, here’s Sam the Eagle! Because AMERICA.
5-minute sketch of Miles Morales, the new Ultimate Spider-Man (if you aren’t going “huh?”, you’re a nerd!) Done with Sketchbook Pro on my iPad
Eyes are a little wonky, but here’s a sketch I did of Detective Kate Beckett from TV’s Castle, one of my and my wife’s favorite shows. Done with Sketchbook Pro on my iPad.
Today’s sketch: Steve Canyon from the titular classic adventure comic strip. You can take his pipe away when you can get it from his cold, dead cancer-riddled hands.
My second consecutive day sketching obscure Marvel characters 🙂 . Here’s one of Thor’s villains, Ulik the Troll. If you don’t get the joke, you just need to spend a few more days on the internet, I guess? Done with … Continue reading
Quick iPad sketch of Typhoid Mary, one of Daredevil’s villains. Trying to get in the habit of doing a quick 15-minute sketch every morning to get used to Sketchbook Pro. When I’m ready to start making more Cooties pages (very … Continue reading
Sketch of Buffy the Vampire Slayer done on my iPad with Sketchbook Pro. Just cuz.
Here’s my very first sketch from my brand new iPad! This was drawn in Sketchbook Pro, and features Jake from my currently on-hiatus webcomic Cooties. I truly believe that the tablet computer is the future of comics; more specifically in … Continue reading
It’s that time of year when I get busy on a calendar to give to my family and friends. When you’re related to a poor artist you get poor art for Christmas :). Here’s a taste! I want to make … Continue reading
Here’s some concept art for a short comic I’m putting together for the spooky kids’ story anthology being put together over at illopond.com. It’s about a classroom full of kids who get a very powerful and very grumpy substitute teacher; … Continue reading